Leica Camera AG has launched the world’s first digital camera designed exclusively for full-frame, 35mm black and white photography: the Leica M Monochrom.
The Leica M Monochrom is a pure black and white rangefinder camera, using a newly-designed 18 million pixel CCD . With this new sensor, there is no Bayer Pattern filter (colour filter array), which means it never separates the light into colours, and subsequently there is no need for complicated colour algorithms.
Other features at a glance:
* 100% sharper images thanks to the direct processing of RAW data with no interpolation
* Extremely low, fine-grain image noise up to ISO 10000
* Raw data histogram and configurable clipping display
* Includes Nik Silver Efex Pro™ 2 and Adobe® Photoshop® Lightroom®
* Exclusive access to the Leica Monochrom Print Service in cooperation with Whitewall
It will be interesting to see how this Leica Monochrom Print Service is made available to Leica M users in Singapore.
So what the listed price? US$8000!